At the ADENRELE LEKAN-SALAMI FOUNDATION, we believe lack of education is a main cause of poverty, and that turning around the trend is the best way to break the cycle of poverty. Unfortunately, not everyone enjoys the same access to quality education.
Improving education is recognized by governments, the United Nations, the World Bank and NGOs as the key to development and to poverty alleviation.
The UNESCO 2015 report estimates that about 1 in 11 children or 59 million primary school age children around the world are not in school. These stats are higher for the communities we target and serve.
Young People living in poor communities are as intelligent and ambitious as those living in urban cities. But when it comes to enrolling and going to school, thousands of these young people cannot get education that meet the most basic standards due to 3 major factors:
• No money to pay school fees
• Available Schools are poorly equipped
• No motivation and encouragement to attend school
This is where the ADENRELE LEKAN-SALAMI FOUNDATION step in by offering three main interventions:
• Offering tuition fees scholarships to outstanding and ambitious students from poor backgrounds.
• Assisting schools with educational equipment and support like; school renovations, education furniture, and educational events sponsorships.
• Organizing ‘Go to School” publicity campaigns that educates young people in our target communities about the benefit of going to school and getting an education.
To achieve our goals, we partner with educational institutions, corporate and individual donors across the country to leverage and increase the support we provide.